Wednesday 5 August 2015

Working hard or hardly working?

Work is certainly eating into my blogging time, I start at 7:30 in the morning (brrr!) and sometimes, I'm not home before 7 in the evening. Next to the tours that I'm guiding, there is also a good amount of stable work as well as preparation and follow-ups of longer tours to take care of. Plus we need to move the herd occasionaly. Now this is a fun and really efficient way to get rid of all potential aggressions. One of us races all the way to the field the horses are supposed to go to and opens or closes all potential gates on the way, so the horses can really only go the right way. Then we get to collect and push a herd at high speed all the while screaming at the top of our lungs to keep them moving, hundreds of horses, sometimes over several kilometers. I have played more cowgirl in the past two months than as a kid with the boys around me.

So what if you lose your voice in the process? So what if you swallow half a pound of dust and are completely soaked when you get home? Riding at full speed while screaming as loud as you can is more therapeutic than anything I have ever tried before. Including yoga.

Photo courtesy of Google

No comments:

Post a Comment