Thursday 6 August 2015

Flying Too Close To The Sun

So this is how Icarus felt.


Why Iceland, they asked. It's cold and dark and rainy, they said. Won't you miss the sun, they asked. Well, frankly, I think it would do me good if said sun wouldn't do so much overtime. Unlike Icarus, I have actually been listening to my Daedalus, or in my case, my mother, though. With little to no effect. Like my mummy taught me, I have been faithfully covering all areas of skin exposed to daylight with sunscreen, LPF 50+ even, since I belong to the very pale, blue-ish translucent tribe. I have done so every day. And yet, I burn, every day. My forehead and parts of my neck, respectively covered by helmet and buff, have remained their original colour, whereas the rest of my exposed skin goes lobster on a daily basis. I have yet to find a way to avoid this.

The very considerate/concerned Frankenspouse has recommended wearing one of those:


This is a Chinese bathing mask, also known as Facekini. Not sure I'm into that. Also not sure my boss would be into that. However, it is quite apparent that my sunscreen is more of an accelerant than protection.

Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment